Announcement: Holy Shatt will now regularly be posted on Friday mornings at 6AM CST. Getting the recordings out the morning after a late night recording was a little too much pressure and didn’t allow me the time to prepare pretty images, detailed show notes, and edit the audio to make it sound a little better. Now you can join me (Sigmandis) and Xantar to help you get through your Friday workday and into your weekend!
ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT: We are welcoming back Rho the host of the realm-maintenance podcast and co-host of All Things Azeroth to the show next week! Join us live at 8PM CST next Wednesday to check it out.
- Race to world first on Throne of the Thunder King! At the time of the recording Blood Legion was in 1st place, but the newly formed partnership of Exodus and Team Vodka (see story two) was nipping at their heels. Check out the leader boards at WoWprogress.com to check in on the action. Also of note the first wing of LFR is now open so if you find yourself without a group to raid with que up and check out some of the amazing imagery in the new raid.
- Team Vodka was one of the most recognized US raiding guilds around. Many people were wondering why they weren’t popping up on the leader boards as the race kicked off for this tier. Amid a lot of confusion over them forming a partnership with a new guild and going by Evodus we found out they’re still raiding in this tier after merging with Exodus. The Mana Flask has an interview with the leaders of the new raid group and explain why the team is still under the Exodus name and why the merge happened. A great read to help those of you with dwindling raid groups as merging teams together is becoming a common thing as the game looses raiders.
- Blizard developer Rob Pardo announced with this tweet that they will have an announcement at PAX East for Blizzards new game. Since the tweet specifically mentioned new game many gamers anticipated it might be the unveiling of Titan. Pardo quickly followed up with another tweet that states it won’t have anything to do with Titan so we’re back to guessing exactly what’s going on.
- Our good friend Twizz from Twizzcast got one of the biggest gifts Blizzard can bestow on a podcast by allowing the Twizzcast crew to interview Ghostcrawler! Both of us wished him well and wanted to be there, but unfortunately it was during our own show time. Check out the recording here, you can bet we are.
- Xantar plays tour guide for me as I try to do my first run through on the daily quest hub. We talk about stuff like Zygor guide, dying (in game), and other random nonsense.
- Long time listener Dayfred calls in with a bad experience with a random group of rouges in a scenario. The two leather wearing throat slashers demanded our friend to heal instead of DPS and when he refused kicked him out of the group. A hunter later did the same and then complained about his DPS. Weatherspoon provides some feedback and says its not unusual for a balance druid to toss some heals, but it does really hurt DPS. I complain about how attitudes like the ones Dayfred had to deal with are killing the WoW community and driving away players and turning off people new to the game. Xantar gives some input form a mages point of view as well since rogues are nearly as squishy as mages. If you need some help learning your class (I look for it all the time) check out Icy-Veins.com in particular here’s a link to their detailed breakdown on how to play a balanced druid.