Posts tagged ‘Mist of Pandaria’
Announcement: Holy Shatt will now regularly be posted on Friday mornings at 6AM CST. Getting the recordings out the morning after a late night recording was a little too much pressure and didn’t allow me the time to prepare pretty images, detailed show notes, and edit the audio to make it sound a little better. Now you can join me (Sigmandis) and Xantar to help you get through your Friday workday and into your weekend!
ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT: We are welcoming back Rho the host of the realm-maintenance podcast and co-host of All Things Azeroth to the show next week! Join us live at 8PM CST next Wednesday to check it out.
- Race to world first on Throne of the Thunder King! At the time of the recording Blood Legion was in 1st place, but the newly formed partnership of Exodus and Team Vodka (see story two) was nipping at their heels. Check out the leader boards at WoWprogress.com to check in on the action. Also of note the first wing of LFR is now open so if you find yourself without a group to raid with que up and check out some of the amazing imagery in the new raid.
- Team Vodka was one of the most recognized US raiding guilds around. Many people were wondering why they weren’t popping up on the leader boards as the race kicked off for this tier. Amid a lot of confusion over them forming a partnership with a new guild and going by Evodus we found out they’re still raiding in this tier after merging with Exodus. The Mana Flask has an interview with the leaders of the new raid group and explain why the team is still under the Exodus name and why the merge happened. A great read to help those of you with dwindling raid groups as merging teams together is becoming a common thing as the game looses raiders.
- Blizard developer Rob Pardo announced with this tweet that they will have an announcement at PAX East for Blizzards new game. Since the tweet specifically mentioned new game many gamers anticipated it might be the unveiling of Titan. Pardo quickly followed up with another tweet that states it won’t have anything to do with Titan so we’re back to guessing exactly what’s going on.
- Our good friend Twizz from Twizzcast got one of the biggest gifts Blizzard can bestow on a podcast by allowing the Twizzcast crew to interview Ghostcrawler! Both of us wished him well and wanted to be there, but unfortunately it was during our own show time. Check out the recording here, you can bet we are.
- Xantar plays tour guide for me as I try to do my first run through on the daily quest hub. We talk about stuff like Zygor guide, dying (in game), and other random nonsense.
- Long time listener Dayfred calls in with a bad experience with a random group of rouges in a scenario. The two leather wearing throat slashers demanded our friend to heal instead of DPS and when he refused kicked him out of the group. A hunter later did the same and then complained about his DPS. Weatherspoon provides some feedback and says its not unusual for a balance druid to toss some heals, but it does really hurt DPS. I complain about how attitudes like the ones Dayfred had to deal with are killing the WoW community and driving away players and turning off people new to the game. Xantar gives some input form a mages point of view as well since rogues are nearly as squishy as mages. If you need some help learning your class (I look for it all the time) check out Icy-Veins.com in particular here’s a link to their detailed breakdown on how to play a balanced druid.
You might notice that the site looks a little different. Truth be told we had a major crash as we attempted to move it and the mess you see now is the result. No worries though, we’re slowly cleaning it up. For this episode we apologized for our hiatus, talked about some valor changes that arn’t changing in 5.2, some things that ARE changing in PVP for 5.2, and how WoW’s story line is possibly affecting its appeal to current subscribers. We also brought WoW 101 back to help newer players prepare for the 5.2 patch!
Special Christmas edition of Holy Shatt pre-recorded for you future folk’s listening pleasure. Since Blizzard announced the day after we recorded that 5.2 was going to be released in January along with a bevy of additional information around the patch, we felt the timing couldn’t have been better for this Christmas show. The hosts talk about some additional news like some hot fixes that gave Elegon a slight nerf in normal mode, Mr. Robot getting some new functions, and then it all turns into 5.2 discussion.
The hosts tear apart the 5.2 raid, discuss lore around the new patch, analyze their classes tier 15 and season 13 armor sets, look over their class changes, try to figure out Monk class changes, talk about their favorite thing coming in 5.2, and much more. If you’re looking for an in-depth look at the tidbits of info we got from Blizzard for Christmas, this is the right spot.
Remember to send the Holy Shatt crew some phone calls and Emails over the holiday break. Our next live show will be January 9th 2013 at 9PM eastern. We will have more WoW news, tips, tricks, and critting penguins next time for you. Thank you for an amazing 2012, we’re looking forward to an awesome 2013.
Sigmandis comes down with the flu, Xantar has shoulder pains, will your hosts survive? We discuss some major, but nifty, changes that are supposed to hit with 5.2 We also have a lengthily discussion on how the way new raiders have to gear has changed.
This show is a little on the light side since I felt like a truck hit me. We plan to release an episode on the day after Christmas, but it will be pre-recorded so no live show.
Place holder for now, will update by Saturday. Work is killer with the convention. ^Sigmandis
SEO DESCRIPTION: Will the siege of Orgrimmar be as awesome as Uldar or ICC? Wondering how to play a mage since they’ve been nerfed into the ground?
Our first Wednesday episode! Hybuir was nice enough to send us an MoP Expansion code, and the lucky guy won our contest for a 30 day time code in return. Talk about instant karma return.
In this episode Sigmandis dives into the new features of patch 5.1 as Xantar serves as his all knowing guide. We want to hear your feedback on the patch as well! Head over to our Facebook page and comment on the post for this episode. We will read it on the air next week.
We also wanted to reach out to our fans and give you a few incentives to email / phone us. Sigmandis has fixed the Skype line so you can still call us at (919)521-8WoW and leave us a message. If phone calls arn’t your thing email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to check out the secret phrase of the week on the Facebook page and include it in your call or email for a chance to win next month’s 30 day time code. Each phone call you send us gets you two entries for the time code, an email gets you one. As an additional incentive the first person to call in and leave us a voice mail, or send us an email will automatically win a cinder kitten (to be delivered once Blizzard releases it). We love to hear your feelings on the show, but to win the cinder kitten your call or email must contain something we can discuss about WoW.
Also check out the episode to hear how you can win Hybuir’s copy of MoP!
The beginning is a little quiet as my girlfriend was asleep in the next room and I needed to record a brief PSA to clear up when our first live show at our new time will be. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday y’all will be hearing a pre-recorded show that will be done sometime Tuesday afternoon. After that we will be recording weekly on Wednesday’s at 9PM EST / 6PM PST.
In this show we went briefly into changes coming into 5.1, and did some thinking about changes needed to be made to Sunsong ranch. Some how Call of Duty, Harvest Moon, and Final Fantasy VII makes its way into the podcast as well.
Please get us some emails or phone calls. We’re giving away the 30 day time code the 28th of November and only have one entry.
We broke the first rule of Fight Club and talked ALL about it. Find out how Xantar plans to use the new Brawler’s Guild to make a gold fortune on his server. Also in store find out about the new gear upgrade system coming in 5.1, the debate over LFR being required for progression raiders, how to manage your cool downs, and much more.
PS. I’m still working on Episode 58 and hope to have it up some time this week.
Haven’t seen any emails or phone calls and its Sigmandis’ birthday this week so send in a call or email! More…
Been a really rough week as work so I’m just throwing this up. Xantar did the recording this time around as most of my equipment wasn’t behaving properly and we wanted to give him a shot at recording for once. Some confusion on who was going to post the actual episode to the blog caused the one day delay. Apologies on getting this out, but hope you enjoy.