Posts tagged ‘patch 5.2’
Announcement: Holy Shatt will now regularly be posted on Friday mornings at 6AM CST. Getting the recordings out the morning after a late night recording was a little too much pressure and didn’t allow me the time to prepare pretty images, detailed show notes, and edit the audio to make it sound a little better. Now you can join me (Sigmandis) and Xantar to help you get through your Friday workday and into your weekend!
ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT: We are welcoming back Rho the host of the realm-maintenance podcast and co-host of All Things Azeroth to the show next week! Join us live at 8PM CST next Wednesday to check it out.
- Race to world first on Throne of the Thunder King! At the time of the recording Blood Legion was in 1st place, but the newly formed partnership of Exodus and Team Vodka (see story two) was nipping at their heels. Check out the leader boards at WoWprogress.com to check in on the action. Also of note the first wing of LFR is now open so if you find yourself without a group to raid with que up and check out some of the amazing imagery in the new raid.
- Team Vodka was one of the most recognized US raiding guilds around. Many people were wondering why they weren’t popping up on the leader boards as the race kicked off for this tier. Amid a lot of confusion over them forming a partnership with a new guild and going by Evodus we found out they’re still raiding in this tier after merging with Exodus. The Mana Flask has an interview with the leaders of the new raid group and explain why the team is still under the Exodus name and why the merge happened. A great read to help those of you with dwindling raid groups as merging teams together is becoming a common thing as the game looses raiders.
- Blizard developer Rob Pardo announced with this tweet that they will have an announcement at PAX East for Blizzards new game. Since the tweet specifically mentioned new game many gamers anticipated it might be the unveiling of Titan. Pardo quickly followed up with another tweet that states it won’t have anything to do with Titan so we’re back to guessing exactly what’s going on.
- Our good friend Twizz from Twizzcast got one of the biggest gifts Blizzard can bestow on a podcast by allowing the Twizzcast crew to interview Ghostcrawler! Both of us wished him well and wanted to be there, but unfortunately it was during our own show time. Check out the recording here, you can bet we are.
- Xantar plays tour guide for me as I try to do my first run through on the daily quest hub. We talk about stuff like Zygor guide, dying (in game), and other random nonsense.
- Long time listener Dayfred calls in with a bad experience with a random group of rouges in a scenario. The two leather wearing throat slashers demanded our friend to heal instead of DPS and when he refused kicked him out of the group. A hunter later did the same and then complained about his DPS. Weatherspoon provides some feedback and says its not unusual for a balance druid to toss some heals, but it does really hurt DPS. I complain about how attitudes like the ones Dayfred had to deal with are killing the WoW community and driving away players and turning off people new to the game. Xantar gives some input form a mages point of view as well since rogues are nearly as squishy as mages. If you need some help learning your class (I look for it all the time) check out Icy-Veins.com in particular here’s a link to their detailed breakdown on how to play a balanced druid.
Just a little over 24 hours old 5.2 has some new and interesting content and features for everyone. Sigmandis talks about the new dailies, Xantar worries about his inability to purchase his farm, the team take on a scenario together, and then promptly get wiped in an Eye of the Storm battle ground. Its a quick and nice show this week!
If you’re looking for the article on RPPM we mentioned you can find the Red-Hatted-Rogue’s article here.
Sigmandis regrets taking a bet after Warcraft Less Traveled‘s host Skolnick informed him there actually IS a (alleged) Donkey Kong reference in the game. We played a clip from his show talking about it. We dove back into more 5.2 news, but this time it was more direct facts from Blizzard than just rumors. Xantar and Sigmandis had a back and forth on exactly how good 5.2 is going to be, and what its going to take for the patch to be considered successful. We also talk about pee-wee hockey in Canada. For those of you who wanted to listen to the “Patch Day” music video you can find it here, for some reason You Tube didn’t play nice during the show.
Just about everyone’s hearts stopped when in the middle of the PS4 announcement Chris Metzen walked onto the stage. Was it Titan? Then we learned Diablo III was coming to the PS4 and we collectively fell out of our seats with disappointment Alas its not all sorrows in this episode! We learned that the PvP season will be coming to a close on March 5th, could that mean 5.2 drops on March 12th? We think so. Also some other juicy tidbits trickled in as we learned the last heroic boss in the Throne of Thunder raid will have limited attempts every week, and other 5.2 rumor knowledge nuggets. We also want to thank all our listeners who contributed to our Facebook page post and shared their favorite memories that turned them from average WoW players into addicts. One of our listeners even won a prize!
Check out our Facebook page for this weeks discussion topic and for your chance to win more cool stuff.
You might notice that the site looks a little different. Truth be told we had a major crash as we attempted to move it and the mess you see now is the result. No worries though, we’re slowly cleaning it up. For this episode we apologized for our hiatus, talked about some valor changes that arn’t changing in 5.2, some things that ARE changing in PVP for 5.2, and how WoW’s story line is possibly affecting its appeal to current subscribers. We also brought WoW 101 back to help newer players prepare for the 5.2 patch!
Have you stopped raiding by no choice of your own? Have the people you used to sit online with and laugh while slaying dragons suddenly disappeared Are you wondering if you should move to a new guild or stay put and wait for your fellow guildies to return? We talk about all that plus some new tidbits of news on 5.2 in this podcast.
Sigmandis announces he’s taking a brief vacation from World of Warcraft, Xantar talks about the new 5.2 quest area, and Ghostcrawler leaves us all wondering what the heck is the new “awesome feature” going to be for MoP?
A ghost tells us upgrades for gear might be gone for good, the capitol cities rebuild, T15 set bonus revealed and explored, and much more.
Blizzard sent us a late night gift, a video teaser trailer for the upcoming 5.2 patch. You can click the link to check it out, and then join us as we discuss what we’re looking forward to in the patch. Sigmandis talks about how he hasn’t really done much in WoW since the release of 5.1, Xantar shares his ambitions beyond the Brawlers Guild, and both hosts talk about what they’d like to see in 5.2. Share your thoughts with the hosts in an email or phone call. Remember every entry gets you a shot at a free 30 day WoW time card.
Special Christmas edition of Holy Shatt pre-recorded for you future folk’s listening pleasure. Since Blizzard announced the day after we recorded that 5.2 was going to be released in January along with a bevy of additional information around the patch, we felt the timing couldn’t have been better for this Christmas show. The hosts talk about some additional news like some hot fixes that gave Elegon a slight nerf in normal mode, Mr. Robot getting some new functions, and then it all turns into 5.2 discussion.
The hosts tear apart the 5.2 raid, discuss lore around the new patch, analyze their classes tier 15 and season 13 armor sets, look over their class changes, try to figure out Monk class changes, talk about their favorite thing coming in 5.2, and much more. If you’re looking for an in-depth look at the tidbits of info we got from Blizzard for Christmas, this is the right spot.
Remember to send the Holy Shatt crew some phone calls and Emails over the holiday break. Our next live show will be January 9th 2013 at 9PM eastern. We will have more WoW news, tips, tricks, and critting penguins next time for you. Thank you for an amazing 2012, we’re looking forward to an awesome 2013.